Terms and Conditions
Updated: 24th May, 2019
What information we collect
- Personal information that you directly provide to us, which includes information you supply when you register an account with us and save items to your profile.
- Non-personal information that's automatically gathered as you use youth-time.org, which includes tracking information for our site.
- Cookies, to help us understand what areas of the site are most useful and interesting to our audience.
How we use this information
- We use your information for limited purposes and do not sell it to any third parties. Specific uses are defined below.
- Providing requested services
- We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for services and information. For example, using your contact information to respond to your customer service requests, or to enable registration for one of our conferences.
We also use the information we collect to send email newsletters, or information about conferences and events (if you have opted in for this information). We may also use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as information about your account or changes to the site.
YouthTime connects Google Analytics client id data with YouthTime user ID data so that we can create a more personalized experience for users, even when not logged in.
- When permitted
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Steps we take to protect your privacy
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, we put in place commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative controls to protect your information. Our control methods are continuously checked and improved, if needed or possible.
- Please note that no method of transmission over the internet is 100% secure, with sending your personal info you take all risks.
- Remember, when visiting a third-party site from youth-time.com, we do not control the privacy policies of other parties, so please check before browsing on those sites to ensure you agree with their terms.
- All the time you are entitled to revoke consent with personal data collecting and processing you gave. Consequences will be dependent on importance of collected / processed personal data with respect to your position within conference / event.
Children under the age of 15
- We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15. If we learn that we have collected any personal information from a child under the age of 15 without verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have collected information from a child under 15, please contact us.
- Respect the culture and tradition of the hosting nation and organization. Avoid insulting people by bringing up sensitive topics and refrain from making political statements.
- This event offers a platform for communication, interaction, discussion and collaboration.
- It is forbidden to show discord and cause disorder based on religious, sexual or national identity.
- Participation in all activities organized during the event is mandatory. The program is designed in such a way that you will have free time for relaxing, shopping, sightseeing etc. We’re kindly asking you to maintain a working frame of mind.
- A proactive attitude as well as punctuality are required during the event.
- The participants will be accommodated in twin rooms, in most cases with a participant from the other country. The assignment will be provided by us. Please note that we cannot accommodate requests for preferred roommates.
- Dress code is smart casual and cocktail dress/smart suit for opening ceremony, welcome reception and closing/awarding ceremony. No short trousers or flip-flops are allowed while working at the event.
- Alcohol comsumption is PROHIBITED for participants during the event, only if it provided by organizers.
- Selected event participants will need to pay a nonrefundable organisational fee after receiving an invitation. We do not provide refund in case you will not stay for the entire conference.
- Youth Time only provides participants transport to events and activities that are part of the official program. Please note that any other expenses for transportation will be at the expense of the participant.
- Participants that do not follow the code of conduct, will be immediately removed from the event with 100% charge of costs spent by YTIM.
- The event run under the Chatham House Rule, participants are free to use the information received, but neither the identity nor the affiliation of the speaker(s), nor that of any other participant, may be revealed.
At the Conference
- All participants must attend all scheduled sessions unless otherwise stated.
- No participant or sponsor may arrange or host any gathering or function during the Conference or other Event that we deem to conflict with the integrity of the respektiveConference or Event, or which prevents participants from attending official activities scheduled within the Conference or Event programme. Our decision in this matter is final.
- We take photographic and video material of participants at events. In registering for one of our events you acknowledge that we may include images of yourself intact or in part for material used in various publications, press releases, promotional activities, or other related endeavors. This material may also appear on our Site or related social media pages.
- We welcome and encourage the use of social media by participants. As a courtesy to other members, as well as to presenters at such events, we ask that you follow accepted social media etiquette.
- If you agree to speak at one of our events, we collect the information regarding your name, and contact details. Sometimes we may also request a biography and photograph. We collect this information to make it available to conference applicants and attendees. Accordingly, if you agree to speak at one of our events, we post on the respective event website your personal information (other than payment information), including your name, employer, physical work address, work email address, work telephone number and work fax number (mostly by means of directing to your institutional website. This is so that visitors to our Site, including Conference or other Event applicants, attendees and speakers can contact you with questions and requests for more information, and to provide feedback if needed.
- Use the event-specific hashtag as communicated during the event for any related tweets
- Remember that unpublished data presented at our events should be regarded as confidential, and should not be published
- Gain approval from a speaker or poster presenter prior to quoting or publishing that individual’s scientific results
- Mute your cellphone/laptop/tablet volume to avoid disrupting sessions
- Capture, transmit or redistribute data presented at the meeting – this may preclude subsequent publication of the data in a scholarly journal
- Use offensive language in your posts
- Engage in rudeness or personal attacks
- We reserve the right to change the Conference or Event content, timing, or speakers without notice.
- We reserve the right to change the place/city/country with month notice in advance.
- The Conference or Event may be postponed or cancelled by us for any reason. If such a situation should occur we will endeavour to reschedule the Conference or Event, in this case we return an administrative fee. However, we cannot be held responsible for any cost, damage or expenses, which may have been incurred by the delegate as a consequence of the Conference or Event being postponed or cancelled.
- Whilst Youth Time International Movement can assist with the visa application process, by providing relevant supporting documents, it cannot guarantee a successful grant of the individuals visa if required. Related costs, including event, visa and administration fees, will not be refunded to the individual under any circumstances.